Friday, July 10, 2009

What I did with my Picture Perfect Level, Pink 8v Drill, and Omi






Whenever my sister in law and friend (ah), Naomi comes over I feel like we need to have a project. Last night she was here for a bit while Jim and Trevor were loading all the furniture from my old office.
.
.
I had bought these neat spice (or whatever you want them to be) containers a few weeks ago at Ikea.
.
.
Then two weeks ago we went up again and they had these neat metal strips on sale for fifty cents. I know they are just metal strips but they had predrilled screw holes which made it super convenient.

.
.
So I have this odd wall in my kitchen. Behind it is a lot of duct work for the furnace. Can't really do anything with it. Before I had a couple neat pictures Jim had taken at the Farmer's Market. I knew I wanted to put the spice tins on the strips and that odd wall seemed like a good place, so we did it. Then Omi suggested we put the veggie photos on each side of the window. I happened to have a couple more frames left, so I retrieved those from the basement. Now I Just need to order 2 prints to finish it out.
.
.
The Picture Perfect Level made this job so incredibly easy and all the holes were lined up perfect!......What did I do before I had that? Oh, yes...I measured for HOURS!!
.
.
Oh yes, and for extra fun a photo of our first 2009 garden harvest!

No comments: