Thursday, August 6, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new



For a long time I have resisted replacing my old furniture. I have had it for about eight years. It was not even my choice. My previous spouse loved it and really wanted it. I wanted something a little less formal, but that is not what I got.
.
.
So, the table is oval and it just didn't work well. Four people could fit well, but the table was 48" wide so it was hard to reach all the way across. Six people could fit, but not fun! And, you could not push all six chairs in without them bonking each other.
.
.
The table and chairs are made by Bentwood, down in Grants Pass. If you have never experienced Bentwood, you must. It is amazing stuff.
.
.
So, I am the new owner of a really long table, and eight new chairs. All the chairs can be pushed in at one time without bonking. The table is quite narrow so we can reach across it. I might need a megaphone to speak to Jim at the other end, but other than that it seems pretty perfect.
.
.
If you are interested, I am selling it for $1,500 including the four chairs with black leather seats.

No comments: