Monday, September 7, 2009

I love Fall








I love fall. I love the way it isn't too hot but isn't cold either. There isn't too much rain, but the wonderful misty mornings are so crisp.
.
.
Take note, the single most significant holiday of the entire year occurs during fall. It generally is a day or two after Thanksgiving.
.
.
This year we grew a large patch of corn in our backyard. We were excited about the food it would produce but also the corn stalks for the front porch. Every year I buy more scarecrows at the end of the season when they are 75% to 90% off. Our scarecrow family is really growing.
.
.
Here is a thing I am struggling over. Bales of hay are now compressed. They contain the same amount of straw, but somehow they pack them tighter. Great for farmers and transporting the bales, but bad for me. I like to put a few on the front porch to put out more scarecrows and with the smaller size i have to buy double in order to cover the same area. Bummer........probably I could still find the larger kind, just need to do some more looking.
.
.
Once the pumpkins in the back yard grow more, we will add those for some decor too. Oh, and of course Winco will yield a couple carts full of pumpkins...gotta have a lot of pumpkins on the porch. Guess what happens when you compost all the pumpkins and the Basset Hounds decide to drag them all over the garden area and eat them? Well, the next year you have tons and tons of pumpkin plants growing in incredibly random spots.
.
.
We reuse the bales at the end of the fall season to mix in our compost bins too, so we don't waste.
.
After we got the corn and the scarecrows out I took some photos.

No comments: