Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My new word!

Permahold. Def: The state of being put on eternal hold while trying to communicate with a bank regarding a short sale transaction. It is close to permahell, which is where the real estate market seems to be heading.
.
.
Let me tell you about my fun today. I called today and was on hold for 8 minutes. When I finally got to somebody who could help me I was told they had recently gone through a system upgrade. Because she had the new system and not the old system she was not able to retrieve the authorization they have on file to speak with me.
.
.
Her solution was to put me back in the big permahold swimming pool and see if somebody else could help me.
.
.
I entered the information via the buttons on my phone as instructed. I was greeted with the following: "We are sorry, we can't continue processing this call, please hang up.". SERIOUSLY??
.
.
3:22PM I am calling back to get placed in the permahold pool. Kelly answered the call at 3:25Pm. She was not able to get any information for me as she is in the wrong department. She gave me a new phone number to call (yeah...already have that one), and told me to not enter any numbers when prompted. So I didn't. So then it gave me the whole "We are sorry, we can't continue processing this call, please hang up." OH MY GOSH!!!
.
.
3:30 PM Calling back in.....entered social security number and account number as prompted. Back on permahold in permahell. Oh, my anticipated hold time is 5 to 10 minutes. My call is VERY important to them and they look forward to assisting me. You know, I have to say, I am not feeling that right now. Hey, while we are on hold let me tell you the new hot word at Chase. Are you ready? The hot word is "activate". Tee hee....activate. I think the bigwigs at these banks have weekly meetings while they come up with ridiculous new words to use to make us think they are working on things.
.
.
Last week I called and spoke with a really nice gentleman. He told me they had a new process in which the customer no-service (okay he didn't say "no") would need to go through a list and double check all the documents had been received, at which point they would "activate" the file. You have to love it? He said this would make us "active" in the loss mitigation department.
.
.
He was also highly amused the previous person on the 24th had not done this because it seems they get credit for every file they can activate. Too bad they don't have motivation to actually get the deals closed!
.
.
3:36PM. Brittney answered the phone. I wonder if it is Brittney Spears at an all time career low. She was able to actually verify. It was made active and she had the same information I had. She told me to check back in on Friday. I asked her for a current estimate of time to an approval and she said it was 90-120 days from the date of ACTIVATION. This file has been COMPLETE and on their desks since August 12th.
.
.
Gotta love...........Chase Bank

No comments: